Does the idea of moving seem overwhelming? The key to planning your move is organization. If you plan ahead and get organized your move will go smoothly. Here are some ideas to take the stress out of your move:
- Hire movers for the large or fragile items – plan this six weeks in advance.
- Change your address 2-3 weeks prior to your move.
- Get a sitter for small children and pets for moving day.
- Use a checklist and a color coded floor plan with matching labels for your boxes.
- Take a photo of your computer and TV/DVD set up to easily reconnect after the move.
- Move heavy books in a rolling suitcase and wrap garbage bags around clothes from the closet – still on the hanger.
- Use a clear bin for first day essentials – trash bags, dish soap, cleaning items, coffee and coffee pot, etc.
Moving does not need to be stressful if you are organized. Don’t forget to take a break every now and then and enjoy your new home! When you are ready to start decorating your windows, give us a call!
Schedule a free in-home consultation with one of our professionals.