How do you decide which style of window treatment is right for your windows? Window treatment terminology can be overwhelming, so here is a short description of some of the more popular styles:
• Rod pocket – the drapery rod slips through a pocket
• Tab top – the drapery rod slips through a loop of fabric
• Pinch pleat – the drapery pleat is tacked or stitched only at the bottom
• French pleat – the drapery pleat is tacked only at the top
• Box pleat – forms a box at the top
Traverse rods are used for draperies that move. Tie backs may be used to pull draperies to the side, particularly if your draperies are stationary. Consider whether you need sheer or lined draperies, whether you want to allow a lot of light or none at all. There are options available for your every need.
Schedule a free in-home consultation with one of our professionals.